Installing of Commerce Server 2007 can be a painful thing (and it could take a lot of time), which is maybe a turn off thing in case of people wanting only to get a first glimpse of how Commerce Server powerful is or in case that you want to make a presentation about CS etc..
I plan to blog later about the fastest way of installing CS2007 (which would include tools, tips and shortcuts from Max Akbar and Wade Wegner) but for now I'll present you the way to try out the Commerce Server without installing it at all
The process is simple, there's no rocket science there but it works
1. Navigate to Commerce Server Virtual Labs
2. Pick some of the labs (I'll pick for this example profile one)
3. Click Register Online
4. Log in with your Windows Live ID
5. Click Confirm
6. Click on "Click here to enter the Virtual Lab"
7. In case you haven't installed before "Virtual Server VRM" ActiveX component you would see this screen
Click on Install
8. When ActiveX You would be installed you would see the Lab Loading screen
9. When loading would be complete there would be a Start Lab screen
10. Click on start Lab and you would have a Fully functional 90 minutes Virtual Machine in your Internet Explorer: